After successfully completing this course, students should be able to
- Define systems of care
- Apply the BLS, Primary, and Secondary Assessments sequence for a systematic evaluation of adult patients
- Discuss how the use of a rapid response team (RRT) or medical emergency team (MET) may improve patient outcomes
- Discuss early recognition and management of Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS), including appropriate disposition
- Discuss early recognition and management of stroke, including appropriate disposition
- Recognize bradycardias and tachycardias that may result in cardiac arrest or complicate resuscitation outcome
- Perform early management of bradycardias and tachycardias that may result in cardiac arrest or complicate resuscitation outcome
- Model effective communication as a member or leader of a high-performance team
- Recognize the impact of team dynamics on overall team performance
- Recognize respiratory arrest
- Perform early management of respiratory arrest
- Recognize cardiac arrest
- Perform prompt, high-quality BLS including prioritizing early chest compressions and integrating early automated external defibrillator (AED) use
- Perform early management of cardiac arrest until termination of resuscitation or transfer of care, including immediate post–cardiac arrest care
- Evaluate resuscitative efforts during a cardiac arrest through continuous assessment of CPR quality, monitoring the patient’s physiologic response, and delivering real-time feedback to the team
Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
If you cancel an in-person course more than thirty (30) days before the course start date, you will be entitled to a full refund, minus a $150 Administrative Fee which will be withheld from any money owed under our refund policy. If you cancel an in-person course thirty (30) days or less before the start date, you will not be entitled to any refund.
If you cancel an online or webinar course berfore beginning the course, or, in the case of time-based Online/ webinar courses, before the course begins, you will be entitled to a full refund. Once you have begun an online or webinar course, or once a time-based online or webinar course begins, you will not be entitled to any refund.
Air Medical Students reserve the option to change enrollment to a future class at no extra charge.