The Emergency Pediatric Care (EPC) course focuses on critical pediatric physiology, illnesses, injuries, and interventions to help EMS practitioners provide the best treatment for sick and injured children in the field. The course stresses critical thinking skills to help practitioners make the best decisions for their young patients.
Topics covered include:
- The pathophysiology of the most common critical pediatric emergency issues, and critical thinking skills to help practitioners make the best decisions for their patients.
- Application of the Pediatric Assessment Triangle (PAT), a tool to help EMS practitioners rapidly and accurately assess pediatric patients.
- The importance of family-centered care.
- Understanding and communicating with children.
- Airway management, breathing and oxygenation.
- Cardiac emergencies.
- Recognizing child abuse and neglect.
- Hypoperfusion and shock.
- Newborn resuscitation.
EPC is appropriate for EMTs, paramedics, emergency medical responders, nurses, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, and physicians. EPC is accredited by CAPCE and recognized by NREMT.
Emergency Pediatric Care
If you cancel an in-person course more than thirty (30) days before the course start date, you will be entitled to a full refund, minus a $150 Administrative Fee which will be withheld from any money owed under our refund policy. If you cancel an in-person course thirty (30) days or less before the start date, you will not be entitled to any refund.
If you cancel an online or webinar course berfore beginning the course, or, in the case of time-based Online/ webinar courses, before the course begins, you will be entitled to a full refund. Once you have begun an online or webinar course, or once a time-based online or webinar course begins, you will not be entitled to any refund.
Air Medical Students reserve the option to change enrollment to a future class at no extra charge.